A pediatric endocrinologist will help a child that has problems with growth, puberty, diabetes, or other disorders related to the hormones and the glands that produce them.
Pediatric Endocrinology usually treat the following:
- Early or delayed puberty
- Enlarged thyroid gland (goiter)
- Underactive or overactive thyroid gland
- Pituitary gland hypo/hyper function
- Adrenal gland hypo/hyper function
- Ambiguous genitals/intersex
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Problems with Vitamin D (rickets, hypocalcemia)
See more below.