Pediatric pulmonologist treat children from birth to 21 years old that have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs.
Pediatric pulmonologist, usually treat the following respiratory problems, including:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chest pain
- Chronic cough
- Chronic respiratory failure and ventilator dependence
- Congenital abnormalities of the respiratory tract
- Interstitial lung disease
- Persistent cough
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Recurrent and persistent wheezing
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) bronchiolitis
- Shortness of breath at rest or with exercise
- Stridor and noisy breathing
See more below.