What does a pediatric gastroenterologist do?
Pediatric Gastroenterology specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of children and teenagers with diseases of the digestive track.
Pediatric Gastroenterologists usually treat the following disorders:
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract
- Lactose intolerance
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Severe or complicated gastroesophageal reflux disease (reflux or GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Short bowel syndrome
- Liver disease
- Acute or chronic abdominal pain
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic or severe diarrhea
- Pancreatic insufficiency (including cystic fibrosis) and pancreatitis
- Nutritional problems (including malnutrition, failure to thrive, and obesity)
Find your pediatrician by location and/or specialty